My top viewed YouTube video is a tutorial on how to make and apply a coconut oil and baking soda face wash & scrub.
If you are interested in viewing the video I will have it below.
I recorded this video in 2014 and if I’m being honest, I’m a little embarrassed by it. A number of things make me cringe when rewatching it, namely how shy I am on camera compared to my videos today. However, I still do love the mask and if you look below I will include directions on how to make and to use. Although, it may be easier to watch the video above.
- Place equal measures of Coconut Oil and Baking Soda into a plastic bowl
- Mix together to make a paste
- Wet your face
- Place the coconut oil and baking soda mixture on your face
- Leave the mixture on your face for 5 or more minutes
- Once the 5 minutes is up, wash your face with warm water
- Pat dry your face
- You may find it useful to melt the coconut oil before mixing it with the baking soda. This will allow you to make the paste quicker.
- When the mixture is on your face it may be beneficial to massage into your face, this will work as an exfoliator also.
- When washing off the mixture, I sometimes use a face cloth as the coconut oil can be hard to remove.
- You can use this method 2-3 times per week
- It is helpful to make a big batch of the scrub and store in a glass jar or container.